Having a crush can both be an exciting and scary ordeal. Almost everyone, whether young or old, has experienced this stage in life. It can be quite intimidating to walk up to someone and confess your feelings to them.
So, here you are thinking of how to secretly give your crush a gift without seeming like a stalker.
Why All the Secrecy?
Having a crush happens quite often than you may think. You can have romantic feelings towards your co-worker, a total stranger or even a long-time friend. So, why all the secrecy?
Surely, if you have genuine feelings and care about this person, you can just tell them that you love them, right? The truth is that it is not as simple as it may sound.
The first reason for all this secrecy is fear of rejection. People tend to have insecurities about their physical appearance or personality. Therefore, they feel that their crush will not like them back or even accept the gifts if they know who sent them. Through anonymous gifts, they get to please those they adore without exposing themselves.
Another reason for remaining behind closed doors is the fear of losing a friendship. Having a crush on someone you consider a friend can be traumatizing. You may find it challenging to tell your friend how you feel about them because it might ruin the friendship if they don’t feel the same way.
Love makes people do crazy things just to make those they love happy. This includes bumping on them, sending little gifts or even having the confidence to talk to a total stranger.
While all these “random” meetings and secret gifts are sweet and even satisfying to the sender, your crush may find them creepy and uncomfortable. This is true when it comes to expensive and frequent gifts.
Keep in mind that the whole reason for gifting your crush is to make their day and get on their good side. The best way to do this is to keep the entire thing lightly and fun. I bet that scaring them away is the last thing you want.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Gift for Your Crush
Although gifting is not the ultimate way to get into a relationship, it captures the attention of the person of interest. There are several things you have to consider when purchasing a gift for your crush. Here are a few tips to allow you gift your crush without scaring them away.
Don’t Overspend On the Gift
It is essential to remember that your crush may not know who you are or your intentions. Therefore, the gift should be well thought and not overly expensive. Go for a meaningful gift with a low dollar value. It will make more sense to your crush.
Don’t Buy Too Many Gifts
Buying the perfect gift can be challenging, but remember to have a limit in the number of gifts. Offering several gifts at once may interfere with the message you want to convey to your crush. Sometimes less is good.
Think About What Interests Them
Knowing what intrigues your crush is an excellent way of determining the best gift. This involves hobbies such as:
- Reading- Pay attention to his or her favorite authors and genre.
- Music- Find out the type of music that she enjoys. You may be lucky to have the same taste in music. Compile their favorite playlist or even tickets to a nearby show.
- Cooking- Do you crush love cooking or baking? Why not get the recipe for their favorite cuisine?
What Is the Purpose of the Gift?
Aside from liking this person, is there any other reason for gifting them? Maybe, she or he is celebrating a promotion or birthday.
This determines how much they will be expecting the gift. Ensure that you place a lot of thought and meaning to the present if you want to stand out.
How Do You Know This Person?
In what context do you know this person? Are you co-workers, friends or classmates? If you are working together or you are the boss, be careful because the gesture may be mistaken for sexual harassment.
Tread carefully when dealing with a friend to avoid destroying the friendship.
Gift Ideas for Your Crush
When it comes to gifting your person of interest, it is best to keep it simple. It gives you the time to know them better while letting them know that you are interested in them.
Since your crush has the potential of becoming your girlfriend or boyfriend, get a worthy gift.
Here are some gifts to consider:
- Flowers- It is the most common type of present ever. It represents the beauty of a woman. Ensure that you pick her favorite color and type.
- Chocolates and sweet treats- If your crush is not health-conscious, then sweet treats may be an ideal choice.
- Concerts or events tickets
- A handmade gift- It is the most thoughtful of all presents. It shows that someone took the time and effort to create something for them. Handmade gifts include a mixed CD, a handwritten letter, poems, plant potters and wooden gift boxes.
- An outing for the two of you
How to Give Your Crush a Gift Secretly
Finally, it is time to secretly give the gift to your person of interest. How do you go about it? First, ensure that the place you choose to keep the gift is safe and only your crush can access it. Include a simple note with a gentle message. Some of the secret ways to gift your crush are:
- Personal bag- place the present in your crush’s bag or book in case of a voucher, tickets or cards.
- Mailbox- it is also an ideal place to leave cute gifts
- Hide the presents on or under the desk. You could also place it inside the drawer for extra safety.
- Hand delivery-ask a mutual friend to deliver the gift on your behalf.
When you have decided to secretly gift your crush, it is crucial to pick the best gift that is neither too expensive nor too many. Also, your gifts should not be too frequent but thoughtful and meaningful.
This is helpful since you don’t want to appear trying too hard or desperate. You also have to be creative on ways to present your gifts secretly to your crush.